As you have probably read, food is a constantly on our minds. Unfortunately, some of the tastiest morsels are not available at your average road-side convenience store. For this reason we are planning a Costco pilgrimage (think Amazing Race but instead of a checkpoint, the final destination is a Costco). The following items made the grade:
1. Nutella: A delicious chocolate hazelnut spread that Clancy brought back from Switzerland, where they put it on everything. I believe the retailer sells them in 32oz two packs in true Costco fashion.
2. Rotisserie Chicken: Moist, delicious, fresh from the oven - need I say more?
3. Large Combo Pizza: Costco makes some darn good pizza pie, give it a shot if you haven’t lately.
4. Almond Butter: Like peanut butter but even more delicious and nutritious!
5. Flat of Muffins (12): Most likely in the chocolate/blueberry/poppy seed combination. However, we might consider coffee cake as a worthy substitution in place of poppy seed.
That seems like a lot of food you might say, to which I would respond , well we are shopping at Costco - no? In the event that we are unable to dispose of enough food in a timely fashion (i.e. the bikes are overloaded), we are considering taking a rest day just to enjoy these finer things of life. Surely, there is no greater joy to be had as an American than over-consumption.